OWL University of Applied Sciences takes the protection of personal data very seriously. We have therefore taken technical and organizational measures to ensure that the regulations on data protection are complied with. All web activities are carried out in accordance with the applicable legal provisions on the protection of personal data and data security. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments. However, we cannot guarantee complete data security when communicating by e-mail, so we recommend sending confidential information by post.
(1) In the following, we inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data that can be related to you personally, such as name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior.
(2) The responsible party pursuant to Article 4 (7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (DS-GVO) is the OWL University of Applied Sciences, Campusallee 12, D-32657 Lemgo. You can reach our data protection officer at our postal address with the addition "the data protection officer" or at email@example.com.
(3) When you contact us by e-mail and/or via the contact form, the data you provide (your e-mail address, your name, if applicable, and your inquiry) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. We delete the data accruing in this context after the storage is no longer necessary or restrict the processing if there are legal retention obligations. The legal basis is Art. 6 I (a) DSGVO in conjunction with the Higher Education Act of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia (HG NRW), as you consent to the above processing of your data when you send us an inquiry by e-mail. You have the right to revoke the consent given at any time without affecting the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent. Regarding the right to deletion and information, see section 2 below on your data subject rights.
(1) You have the following rights with respect to the personal data concerning you:
(2) Insofar as your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Article 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Article 21 DSGVO, insofar as there are grounds for doing so that arise from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right to object, which will be implemented by us without specifying a particular situation.
Please address your request/objection to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the following address:
OWL University of Applied Sciences,
(3) You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.
This is the:
State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information
P.O. Box 20 04
Phone: +49 211 38424 0
Fax: +49 211 38424 10
(1) In the case of mere informational use of the website, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise transmit information to us, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to ensure stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DSGVO):
pseudonymized IP address
Date and time of the request
Content of the request (concrete page)
access status/HTTP status code
amount of data transferred in each case
Website from which the request comes
Operating system and its interface
language and version of the browser software
(2) Our website contains at some points the possibility to communicate further personal data in the form of forms and the use of web-based services. Thus, information can be requested via web forms and, if necessary, newsletters can be subscribed to. The use of these services by users is expressly on a voluntary basis. Information on which data is collected and processed in detail is provided on the corresponding forms or web services. The use of these additional options and the associated entry of personal data is exclusively on a voluntary basis. The data is processed exclusively for the purpose stated there. If data is passed on to third parties, this will only be done on the basis of legal permission or will be explicitly legitimized by informed consent.
(5) In addition, we also use temporary cookies to optimize user-friendliness, which are stored on your terminal device for a certain fixed period of time. If you visit our site again to use our services, it is automatically recognized that you have already been with us and which entries and settings you have made so that you do not have to enter them again.
(7) The data processed by cookies is necessary for the aforementioned purposes to protect our legitimate interests as well as those of third parties in accordance with Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f DSGVO.
(8) Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or a notice always appears before a new cookie is created. However, the complete deactivation of cookies may mean that you cannot use all the functions of our website.
(1) Personal data processed in the course of using the website of the OWL University of Applied Sciences is generally not passed on to third parties.
(2) In individual cases, we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are regularly monitored; this is done on the basis of a contract in accordance with Art. 28 DSGVO.
(3) Furthermore, we may disclose your personal data to third parties if this is necessary to carry out the educational mission, to enforce our rights under the provisions of the Code of Criminal Procedure (StPO) or for the purpose of asserting claims for damages in the event of copyright infringement and the investigation of criminal offences, as well as to advise and support our students.
Within the website visit, we use the widespread SSL procedure (Secure Socket Layer) in connection with the highest encryption level supported by your browser. As a rule, this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can tell whether an individual page of our website is encrypted by the closed key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
On this website, data is collected and stored using the web analysis service software Matomo (www.matomo.org), a service of the provider InnoCraft Ltd, 150 Willis St, 6011 Wellington, New Zealand, ("Mataomo") on the basis of our legitimate interest in the statistical analysis of user behavior for optimization and marketing purposes pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. f DSGVO. Pseudonymized user profiles can be created and evaluated from this data for the same purpose. Cookies can be used for this purpose. Cookies are small text files that are stored locally in the cache of the site visitor's Internet browser. Among other things, the cookies enable the recognition of the Internet browser. The data collected using Matomo technology (including your pseudonymized IP address) is processed on our servers. The information generated by the cookie in the pseudonymous user profile is not used to personally identify the visitor to this website and is not merged with personal data about the bearer of the pseudonym.
If you do not agree to the storage and analysis of this data from your visit, then you can object to the storage and use below at any time by mouse click. In this case, a so-called opt-out cookie is stored in your browser, which means that Matomo does not collect any session data.
Please note that the complete deletion of your cookies means that the opt-out cookie is also deleted and may have to be reactivated by you.